Welcome to the Central MS Orchestra homepage! The Central MS Orchestra has a tradition of outstanding performance, teamwork, and excellence.
Let’s make this another great year!
Students are expected to practice a little every day. There is no set amount of time, but students should be able to play the notes and rhythms to be considered “prepared for class.” Any specific skill beyond this, will be assigned by the teacher and written in the agenda. Students who are unprepared for class may lose part of their daily participation points.
Any written work is due the next day but may be turned in late for partial credit. All work is to be made up two weeks after the end of the quarter.
Playing tests may be retaken up to two weeks after the end of the quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to schedule a time with Miss Gish to retake a test.
Home Practice Tips
- Practicing more often is more important than practicing for longer periods of time.
- If you are having trouble finding time to practice, practice during the commercials of your favorite show to get used to it.
- Teach your parents or friends how to play; it will help you remember it better.
- You WILL perform it how you practice, so go slow and make sure you are doing it correctly EVERY time.
- If your instrument goes out of tune, do your best until you can bring it to Miss Gish…or contact her for help.
- Make practice fun…save the fun piece for last as a reward.
- Give mini-concerts for your family.
- Contact Miss Gish if you have any questions.